Study: $1T Economic Cost and 2.1M Unfilled Jobs by 2030
NOW is the time to rethink your talent pipeline. On May 4, the Manufacturing Institute and Deloitte released manufacturing research findings. The Skills Gap could leave 2.1 million jobs unfilled in less than 10 years. This amounts to $1 trillion in cost to the US Economy. You can read the research press release on PR Newswire.
Deloitte released this article, Creating Pathways for Tomorrow’s Workforce Today, also on May 4, 2021. In it, they identify what manufacturers and employees can to do today, to help fend off the economic impact. And turn this crisis into opportunity. Barton Staffing Solutions is ready to help you capitalize on opportunity.
Turn Crisis Into Opportunity
Here’s why it’s time to rethink your talent pipeline. It’s clear the skills gap is about the availability of people. There is a workforce shortage to fill open manufacturing jobs. You can rethink your talent pipeline with small changes that have big long-term.
- Get entry level employees in the door NOW. Leverage Barton Staffing Solutions to do it efficiently.
- Loosen excessive candidate requirements / qualifications. Stop looking for purple squirrels.
- Look for people that have potential, not 10 years of experience in a job they are tired of doing.
- Strengthen on-the-job training and mentoring programs to support incoming talent.
- Strengthen supervisor relationships with temporary employee for long-term hiring ROI.
- Leverage Barton Staffing Solutions as a talent pipeline for 1, 5 and 10 years out.
In the study, Deloitte and the Manufacturing Institute report many other human resources initiatives manufacturers can implement. These range from diversity programs to employee engagement initiatives and beyond. These are worth considering in your budget – next time.
But to capitalize on this crisis and turn it into opportunity, you don’t have to wait. The six things listed above you can do to rethink your talent pipeline do not cost more to implement.
Recognize the Challenge to Change
Changing management mindset and hiring culture in your manufacturing organization is all it takes. A small change to realize you need to get talent in the door NOW to train into the long-term employees for your operation’s future. Barton Staffing Solutions has the keys to making this work for your operation. Call today to get on this path to the future. Make this crisis an opportunity, and leverage it for growth and success now.